Organic Chia Seeds
- Product Details
- Product Reviews
Chia seeds are the tiny white, brown, purple or even black coloured seeds found in the flower of the Salvia Hispanica - a Mexican mint plant that belongs to the labiates family.
Chia seeds contain a wealth of valuable nutrients, including vitamins (vitamin A), minerals (such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, manganese and sodium), protein, fibre and omega-3 fatty acids.
Chia Seeds Benefits
- Contain vitamin A.
- Contain the minerals calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus and manganese.
- Contain protein, fibre and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the leading organic certification organisation in Great Britain.
- Dried and processed at a low temperature in order to retain an optimal number of naturally occurring nutrients.
- Totally pure and free from fillers or any other artificial additives
- Suitable for those following a vegetarian, vegan or rawfood diet.
How to use Chia Seeds
Chia Seeds Recipe - Raspberry Chia Vanilla Yoghurt
- 1 cup of raw almond milk
- 3 tbsp. of organic chia seeds
- 1 tsp. of organic vanilla bean powder
- Raspberries for topping
Take 3 tablespoons of chia seeds and put into a bowl. Pour over the chia seeds, 1 cup of almond milk. Finally add to this 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder or if you have vanilla pods, add the seeds of 1 vanilla pod.
Leave this to stand for 30 mins to 1 hour. After this time you will find the consistency will have become thicker.
Top with some raspberries.
This recipe is ideal to make the night before and keep in the fridge for a delicious breakfast or a handy lunch on the go.
Chia Seeds Facts
- Chia seeds were considered more precious than gold to the Aztecs, who used them as a form of currency.
- Chia seeds played an integral role in sacrificial offerings to the Aztec gods.
- The word ‘chia’ is derived from the Nahuatl (Aztec) word ‘chian’, which means ‘oily’.
- Chia seeds can absorb up to 12 times their weight in liquid when soaked.
- Chia seeds were used as a treasured source of food and medicine by the Mayans, Aztecs and Tehuantepecs of South America for centuries,
- Chia seeds boast an extremely long shelf life and can be kept for years.
There has been a recent explosion in the popularity of chia seeds. But Detox Your World has been carefully sourcing the highest quality and certified organic chia seeds for over a decade and you can be assured these are the best chia seeds you will find.
We know they are trusted and loved by you and these are the same great chia seeds but now in a new eye catching Superfoodies bag!
Superfoodies is the new brand from Detox Your World, that continues the great tradition from Detox Your World, of meticulous research from our team of experts to source only the best nutritent dense, natural foods on the planet to you.
Chia Seeds Authorised Health Claims
- Chia seeds are rich in plant-based omega-3 fatty acids (Alpha-linolenic acid/ALA). The ALA in chia seeds contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels
Chia Seeds Summary
Seeds in a bag
Do not buy chia seeds if you have an allergy to chia seeds or any of the allergens they contain. Always read the information on the packaging before choosing to eat chia seeds.
Known side effects
This product has not been audited or verified by monitoring regulatory authorities. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and / or disorders. Under UK law only a medical doctor may 'treat' illness and disease with a medical origin. The information in this web page is for information purposes only.