Invite the sunshine inside with this deliciously sweet superfood smoothie containing a variety of fresh summer fruits, organic passion fruit extract and organic lucuma powder. A decidedly tropical treat that’s not only an absolute breeze to prepare; it’s also perfect for those hot summer days!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 300 grams of watermelon
- 150 grams of raspberries
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of organic passion fruit extract
- 1 tablespoon of organic lucuma powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- A small cup of water
- Half a Golden Delicious apple (peeled)
Pop the orange, watermelon, raspberries, basil, organic passion fruit powder, organic lucuma powder and organic coconut oil into your blender. Pour in a small cup of water and blitz until nice and smooth. Now add in the apple and repeat before serving in a long, tall glass.
Tip: use frozen raspberries and serve with plenty of ice on particularly warm days
Superfoods used in this recipe:
- Organic Passion Fruit Extract: a temptingly sweet tropical superfood that’s crammed with beneficial nutrients including vitamin C, provitamin A (beta carotene), potassium, magnesium and selenium.
- Lucuma powder: a natural sweetener with an extremely high nutritional value. Indeed, lucuma powder is rich in antioxidants that boast anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties, promote the healing of wounds and prevent the skin from aging. Lucuma powder can be readily stirred into your favorite smoothies and shakes, and is the ideal ingredient in cakes, ice cream and desserts.