(makes 9-12 slices, depending on size)
- 1 cup (100g) oats
- ½ cup (70g) almonds
- 3 tbsp (30g) cacao nibs
- ½ cup (80g) dates
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil (doesn’t have to be melted)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp of cold water
- 200g cashews, soaked in cold water overnight or in hot water for 1 hour, than drained
- ½ cup (80g) frozen cherries
- Coconut cream from 1 can of full fat coconut milk (scoop the creamy part from a chilled can)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 50ml natural maple syrup
- 2 tsp Luminous
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- Add oats, almonds and cacao nibs to a food processor. Blitz until broken into very small pieces.
- Add dates, cacao powder, salt and coconut oil, blend again until well combined. Keep on blending while slowly adding cold water, tablespoon by tablespoon, until the dough becomes sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a small square brownie dish lined with baking paper. Press it well with your hands to create an even crust. Place in the freezer while preparing the cherry layer.
- To the food processor or blender, add soaked and drained cashews, frozen cherries, coconut cream, lemon juice, maple syrup and Luminous powder. Blend until smooth, scraping the sides several times..
- While still blending, slowly incorporate 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil.
- Pour the cherry layer over the chocolate layer and return to the freezer for at least 4 hours to set. Take out of freezer about 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving. Store in the fridge (up to 3 days) or in the freezer (up to 3 weeks).