You can make a refreshing and healthy thirst quencher with this rawfood superfood recipe for camu camu lemonade. Also invigorating before, during or after training.
Amount: 1 person
Preparation time: 2 minutes
When do I drink it? Any time of the day
- 1 lemon, pressed
- 1 cup of water
- ½ teaspoon camu camu powder
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, or stevia according to taste
Add all ingredients to a blender, mix well and your lemonade is done! When it is hot outside, pour the lemonade over blocks of ice or blend with the crushed ice for a foamy, cool drink. Due to the high vitamin C content in this camu camu lemondade, it is ideal for those who could use a health boost.
Superfoods contained in this recipe:
- Camu camu powder: A powder made from camu camu berries containing vitamin C and diverse phytonutrients. Tasty in smoothies and great in fruit salads too. The powder is very concentrated so very little is needed to spice up a drink or a meal.
- Goji berries: These berries have a deep red colour and look like raisins, tasting similar to cranberries or cherries. Goji berries grow in sheltered valleys in cultivated areas of Mongolia and Tibet and contain many nutrients. You could eat goji berries as a snack or in all kinds of drinks or stir them into meals, just like other dried fruit. You could also use goji berries and steep it in boiling water for a herbal tea
- Honey: The honey used in this recipe is raw and from the Netherlands. Raw honey is used as a sugar substitute in, for instance, herbal teas, smoothies, shakes, breakfast meals and desserts. It is better not to heat raw honey, either in cooking or in baking, as this kills off all the living enzymes that are in the honey. If the honey crystallises, you may make it runny again by heating it in a double boiler or by holding over boiling water (at a maximum of 40°C).
- Stevia: A natural sweetener made from the stevia plant containing no sugar or carbohydrates and therefore suitable for diabetics and people who want to watch their weight and blood sugar levels. Stevia liquid is 300 times sweeter than sugar and it is therefore advisable to always try a very small amount first.